Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Skating By - Crafty Creations Challenges

Hello and I'm so glad you stopped by today,

Challenge #320 has started over at Crafty Creations Challenges. The theme is ombre  and the sponsor is Lacy Sunshine. Lacy Sunshine has a great selection of images so please check them out.


The image I used is Bubbles Ice Skating and I just love her. I know that the winter sports are a little ways off but thought you might need to be cooled off a bit from the hot summer temperatures. LOL


Let me show a closer view of Bubbles and of that ombre background



That ombre background started out as a large paint chip, and it works great for an ombre background, doesn't it. I also used a silver mirror paper for some of the snowflakes and that circle behind Bubbles. I am so disappointed that those show as black and not the silver I was striving to have on the card. Guess I won't use that paper again on these types of projects.

Well I hope this card cooled you down a bit. 
The current Crafty Creations Challenges will end on August 2 at 10:00 p.m.
I hope to see a challenge submission with your name on it

LET ME SHARE WITH YOU THE I SUPPLIES USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Lacy Sunshine - Bubbles Ice Skating
Paper/Card Stock
:White CS, Purple CS, Mirror Card stock
Dies Used:  Spellbinders Circles Sm   
Accessories:Snowflake brads, Snowflake Punches - Martha Stewart, glitter, Memento Markers, Alcohol Markers, Embossing folders - Snowflakes, Swirls, Large Paint Chip with 3 shades of lilac
I am submitting my card in the following challenges:

  • Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes   (#33)
  • Colouring in Scrapland -  (July) Anything Goes (#46)
  • Crafting from the Heart -  Always Anything Goes (#53)
  • Craft Your Passion -  Always Anything Goes (#58)
  • Love to Scrap -  Anything Goes (#37)
  • Colour Your World with Lucy Sunshine - (July 10)  Anything Goes (#43)

  • Dragonfly Dreams -  (July 3) Anything Goes (#132)
  • Little Claire's July - Anything Goes (#41)
  • Scrappers Delights  July -  Anything Goes (#73)
  • Thanks for stopping in today and I will be back soon.


    8 comments:

    Patti Krauss said...

    Hi Barbara: Cool card. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges! - Patti (CYP DT)

    Nicole Drewniak said...

    Wonderful ombre colours! Thank you for participating with Scrapper's Delights :)
    DT Nicole

    Verna Angerhofer said...

    What a darling image and I love how you colored her. And the snowflakes really make it look wintery.

    Lisa J said...

    Very Cute Card. Thanks for playing along with us this month. Lisa DT Dragonfly Dreams

    Crafting Suzie's Creations said...



    Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Scrapper's Delights Hugs Sue DT
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/376140345820051/

    Mieke Duckers said...

    Thank you so much for joining us at https://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.nl/2016/07/challenge-57. Love the way you used the pink colours for a wintercard!! Hugs, Mieke DT

    Rina Meza said...

    Such a cute card! I love how you off centered the layering and added the snowflakes! This image is so cute. Thanks so much for joining us at Craft Your Passion- Rina, DT Member

    Susan Renshaw said...

    Just lovely!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!
    Susan
    DT for Crafting from the Heart!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!