Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Crafty Creations Challenge #319 - CIean and Simple

Hi there

Crafty Creations Challenges #319 starts today and the theme is Clean and Simple. 
Now that theme is definitely not my forte, but I decided this image from Beccy's Place (this month's sponsor) would be perfect for a CAS card. 
I used Old Mailbox.
Please take a few minutes to check out the images over at Beccy's Place. There are a lot of super images and I am sure you will find just what you are looking for.

As I colored this image I was wondering what sentiment to use and then it hit me, since this mailbox was so old and falling apart there had been no mail delivered for a long time.  
So that's why I used the sentiment I did.

In coloring this image, I used my colored pencils and gamsol to do the blending. I added some brown to show some rust and some gray on the wood beams to show a weathered look. 

Hope you like my version of a CAS card.



LET ME SHARE WITH YOU THE I SUPPLIES USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Digi image - Beccy's Place - Old Mailbox, Sentiment - Stampers Anonymous - Crazy Talk
Paper/Card Stock
: White, Gray, Dark Brown CS
Ink: India Ink - Black
Accessories: Colored Pencils, Gamsol

I am submitting my card in the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping in today

7 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a beautiful card. It is so lovely in all it's simplicity.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card! Thanks for playing at TTCRD with us this week! I hope I will see you soon!

Hugs,

Alessandra -DT

GalFridayStamping said...

Lovely card...love the image. Thank you for sharing with us at Digi Choosday. Jane P. DT

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

What a lovely card! I really love the coloring and the image is great! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Great job! Cyndi, DT

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love this Barb, such a happy little card! Great coloring!

JayBe said...

What a great design, Barbara - such a fab stamp and your sentiment is perfect. Thanx for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Cazro said...

Wow! I love this stamp and your colouring, a super card, perfect for our challenge. Hope you had fun. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT.