Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Thinking of You

Hello and welcome to my blog

Each month the designers at Craft-Dee BowZ are given a theme for our individual post. 
This month the theme is to use stencils. 

Sometimes I will experience the fact that my muse goes on strike. Can't think of anything.This was one of those times.
 So I dug into my treasure trove of stencils and came up with a design of sorts.

First I wanted to add dimension to this card so I used Texture Paste from Ranger. At first I decided to color the paste a yellow color so I applied it over the stencil on the panel and dried it, Then I found  I wanted a deeper color so I colored the image the orange color you see,used a Memento marker to change the color.

After the paste  was dry I decided the panel looked like it was lacking something.Too much white space. So I pulled another stencil and just used a sponge dauber to add ink over the stencil . This added more designs to the various areas, filling in those voids that were there on the panel.

Next I made some of my handmade flowers in an orange tone and punched out a few sprigs of foliage. I added those.

Next I added my bow, and of course I used my Craft-Dee BowZ tool. Te bow I made is a triple loop bow in a mint green. After that I added a sentiment on a tag and positioned that on the card and I am calling this one done.


Let me show you the texture on those large orange stenciled flowers 


Don't be afraid to add texture to your card, Apply some texture paste over a stencil, kind of glop it on. When you pull that stencil off  it will give the design on your card a really great, raised effect.  
Go for it!! LOL

SUPPLIES USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  My Sentiments Exactly - Friendship Innies and Outies (Sentiment)
Paper/Card Stock
Cream CS, Purple CS, Yellow CS
Ink: India Ink
Stencils Used: Ranger - Dylusions (DYS34261) , Stencil Girl - Daisy Set (6X6)
Accessories
Ribbon, Markers, Craft-Dee BowZ  tool, dimensional foam, Tag 
I am submitting my project in the following challenges:


  • 2 Creative Chicks Anything Goes (#10)
  • Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes (#48)
  • Creative Craft Cottages Challenges # 44 Anything Goes (#117)
  • Cute as a Button #13 Anything Goes (#10)
  • Petal Lu Anything Goes (#74)
  • The Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes (#45)
  • Through the Purple Haze - Flowers (#19)
  • World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - Anything Goes (#17)
  • Your Scrapbook Place - Anything Goes (#12)





  • Thanks for stopping by, see you soon.

    21 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Hi Barbara, you have created a gorgeous card, I love all the texture especially on the flowers. Fab design and colour choice. Thanks for sharing with us in our latest chalłenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We hope to see you back with again. Jennifer DT member xx

    Unknown said...

    Wow this really "pops". Stunning colours. Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze this time.
    hugs
    Dawn xxx
    http://cherrytreestudio.blogspot.com

    Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

    ooooooooooo beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us over here at MATSC Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

    Love it thank you for joining us at the world wide open DT challenge
    Michelle DT

    Linda Simpson said...

    Beautiful card, thank you for entering our World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #02 and best of luck with your entry.
    Hugs

    Unknown said...

    best of luck. That ks for sharing with is at WWODT challenge
    Heather DT

    Verna Angerhofer said...

    Bold, bright and beautiful and I love the texture on the card.

    Pia S said...

    This design is really eye catching, I love its style and colors!

    Nana said...

    Beautiful Love the colors. Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

    Have a creative day.
    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    Vicki said...

    Beautiful card! Thank you for entering the World Wide Open DT Challenge. Good luck with your entry.
    Vicki DT

    Anet's Crafting said...

    Gorgeous card Barbara. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

    Tina Goodwin said...

    Wow! This is such a beautiful card. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge Blog Looking forward to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Tina
    WWO DT
    Toadally Love To Craft {My Blog}

    Andrea Beecroft said...

    Oh was a lovely creation I do like it very much so nice to see new ideas. Thank you for sharing it with us over at The World Wide Open DT Challenge Blog, and good luck Hugs Andrea DT

    Plony said...

    Lovely!!! Great colors....a very beautiful card. Thanx for joining our challenge at Petal Lu.
    xxx Plony

    Desire Fourie said...

    Barbara this is a beautiful project with wonderful attention to detail and perfect for our SECOND challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {World Wide Open Design Team Challenge DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    Annie said...

    How beautiful, love the texture! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage and hope to see you again soon! :) ~Annie

    Hannah said...

    A beautiful card - I love the use of vibrant colour, texture and bold stencil design. Beautiful bow too :-)

    Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

    Hannah x

    caroline said...

    Great card thanks for joining us at sisters of craft . Good luck .
    Caroline dt

    Creaine said...

    Wow I love your card! Thanks for joining us at Cute as a Button. Good luck!!
    Bye Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-challenges.blogspot.nl/

    Anonymous said...

    Stunning card! Love it!
    Lisa Cute as a button DT

    Lisbeth K said...

    WOOOOOW! Love the texture and the colors! Thanks for joining our Flower chalenge over at Through The Purple Haze, good luck!
    Lisbeth, DT