Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Bump in the Night

Hi There,
Welcome to October 1. Do you believe it. Another month has started. Unbelievable!!! This year is coming to a close very quickly.

Also since this is the 1st of the month, the October Craft-Dee BowZ challenge starts today. Join in the fun. The theme is always Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow. Submit a project, you never know, you may be the next winner of  25 yards is yummy ribbon.

Halloween will be here shortly and I have a few Halloween projects to share with you over the next week or so.

Craft-Dee BowZ will be having a blog hop starting on Thursday October 9-10, so join in and leave comments on the DT posts and you might win your very own Craft-Dee BowZ tool.

Today's project is a card that is perfect for Halloween and would look great on the front of a bag as a panel instead of being made into a card.

I used 2 different Halloween themed papers and some others that complimented those papers.

The bow came about in kind of a funny way. When I received my ribbon for October I received 3 sheer ribbon colors  all layered together and wound up in a circle. Not on a spool or anything. As I looked at the ribbons and the 3 colors that were sent,  I decided to use the Craft-Dee BowZ tool with all three ribbons layered one on top of the other. I went with a 3 loop bow and since I was using 3 layers of ribbon that resulted in 18 loops. And if that wasn't enough, I felt I needed to add an orange-ish colored ribbon to the mix. So I made another 3 loop bow with long tails in that orange color. I positioned the sheer ribbon bow on top of the orange ribbon bow. Using the long tails from that orange bow, I tied the bows together and then just tied a small bow on the top to give it a finished look. I think I could have made 2 loop bows  and still have gotten a really fluffy bow.

Check out that silver bony hand reaching out from under the bow. It's the perfect embellishment for this card.


Well I will post another Halloween card on October 7, since its my regular monthly Craft-Dee BowZ post. It's another halloween card and I think you will like it as well.

Thanks for stopping by today. See you soon.


1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great Halloween card and love the ribbon bow of the three colors you used. Perfect for Halloween.