Sunday, June 29, 2014

Amy's Layer Cake Collage Class

Hi Everyone
Just a quick post to show you a collage piece that I made in a class I attended yesterday. The class was called Amy's Layer Cake Collage and was held at Stamping Buddies.

This was a super class and I was so happy with the finished piece.


The instructor, Amy Flowers, is from the Columbus, Ohio area. I have taken quit a few of her classes over the years and I have learned so much from her.She is really great!! Thanks Amy for another fabulous class.

This piece consists of many layers of papers matte medium, acrylic paints and Pan Pastels. And we also used sticky backed canvas, painted it and then traced designs on to the canvas using stencils and I cut them out and stuck them onto the piece (the leafy designs).

The butterflies were from DP scrapbook paper while the music notes, keys and the words are from a pre-printed tissue weight paper.I added a few circles for more interest.I dipped a small bottle top into acrylic paint and used it as a stamp.

This piece is on a canvas stretched over a frame and ready to adorn a wall in my home.

Hope you had a good time checking out the end result of my class yesterday.

Have a great week.

I am submitting my art piece in the following challenges
Since this is not a card and contains no stamped images if it disqualifies me from a challenge, I totally understand. Hope you enjoy the artwork.




7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely layout with diverse elements. Thank you for sharing your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday.
Many Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson

Zoe said...

Fab card, great depth created with your design, thank you for sharing with us at Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful collage design and adore the awesome colors too.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love this beautiful collaged card Barbara. The colors are stunning.

Marlene Atkinson said...

this is a gorgeous collage. Thank you for joining us at My Heart Pieces Challenge. Marlene DT

Shirley said...

Truly gorgeous mixed media card!!! I really like all of the different techniques you used to create it!

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous collage, thank you for joining us at Paper Creator for our Anything Goes challenge.
Pauline
x