Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Wedding Invitation

Hi Everyone!!

In my last post I shared with you a Bridal Shower card that I made that accompanied my gift at a bridal shower I recently attended.

I want to share the wedding invitation that I also made for the bride.

Morgan wanted to have her married name initial on the belly band that keeps the invitation closed.

I got the card shell and the layered inside done for her. Morgan took care of the wording and the printing inside.

 The inside of this invitation has a two piece graduated insert and Morgan added a vellum overlay with the information printed on it,

She did an awesome job.
 I love how Morgan decided on using the ampersand under the vellum. It lightly shows thru the vellum and it's the perfect  finishing touch
I've lifted the vellum piece so you could see that printed ampersand on the cream layered piece.

As I mentioned in the post of the bridal shower card ,posted Thursday, Morgan chose the colors purple, gray and cream. The invitations used those colors and I made  the shower to match also. I have a card in mind for the wedding card that I will be giving her on her wedding day. I will post that after the wedding in October. 
Guess I'd better get started on that card. 
The wedding will be here before I know it.

Thanks for stopping in today so I could share a few special cards that I've done lately.

See you soon
x_3e4e82ab photo x_3e4e82ab_zpseeafd342.gif

4 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shona Erlenborn said...

It came out beautifully Barbara. You two should go into business!

Donna Ellis said...

How pretty, Barbara, and so customized just for the bride and groom! Love that ampersand behind the vellum. Is that a pearl brad holding the vellum in place? Lovely invitation, Barbara! hugs, de

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your wedding invitation idea and I am sure it will be so appreciated by the bride and groom. Great idea with the initial and so elegant too. I did the wedding invitations for my son's wedding and I know the work involved to do a mass production of them.