Monday, May 20, 2013

It has a song


Hi Everyone,
Last week I was busy prepping and delivering my card classes for the month. Now, since that's over til next month, I sat down and worked up a card for Sparkle N Sprinkle. I just received a few new stamp sets and I think you will like them. This card uses stamps from set 496, Bird Song. As soon as I saw  the bird on the wire image, I envisioned this card. Kind of reminds me of bunches of birds sitting on wires we all see from time to time.


First, I brayered the colors on my cs panel. I haven't done that in a while and it is a great way to apply color to your panel.

Next I stamped the birds, but since the bird image doesn't quite fit across the card, I just stamped it again to have the birds go all the way across the card. Next I just drew in additional lines to make it look like there were 5-6 lines. Easy Peasy. 

Well that is it for today. Have a great week, I'll be back soon.


x_3de5d6cb photo x_3de5d6cb_zpscda23c6d.gif

9 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great background, love the extended lines - great idea, and that brayered background is awesome. Unique way to do the corners - super card, Barbara!

Hopemore Studio said...

This is beautiful Barb. I have always loved that brayered background and the new stamp set is great!
Angie

Brenda said...

Love the brayered background and the black and white corners and greeting panel add just the right pop.

Anne Temple said...

Love that background and the colors. Fabulous card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a beautiful card. I love this type of scene.

Jean Bullock said...

Beautiful!

Shanna Shands said...

I need to use my brayer I got one but have never given it a try!

Donna Ellis said...

LOVE your ideas, Barbara! Brayering your wonderful background really spotlights the image with dramatic flair! NEVER would I have thought of drawing all the extra lines, and it DEFINITELY makes the card. Love that the image is stamped twice - excellent idea! Your sketch is always brilliant with the stark black and white - very professional! hugs, de

Donna Maligno said...

Great job on the brayering. I also love anything with silhouettes. Great job, Barb!