Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My Favorite Technique Blog Hop

Hi Everyone,


Welcome to the Sparkle N Sprinkle Favorite Techniques Blog Hop.





If you have arrived here from Cammy's blog then you are in the correct spot.If you haven't and you want to be eligible for prizes, then please start at the beginning at the Sparkle N Sprinkle blog to be eligible for some fabulous prizes.

This month our blog hop theme is my favorite technique. Boy, I had a hard time deciding what to show because there are so many techniques that I love to use. Since I my card was going to use an Easter theme that made my choice easy.


I decided to use one of my all time favorite techniques, making your own glitter paper. Here is why I love this technique: It's easy to make, I can use whatever color card stock I choose, I can match the color to my project,......oh and did I say it's an easy technique.

Let me show you how easy this technique really is. First gather up a few needed items


I cut my card stock into egg shapes first, but you can do this after the glitter paper is made if you prefer.


You will need a heat tool, I used a clip to hold the egg shapes as I heat set the powder, VersaMark, Shimmer Embossing Powder - EP 137, and a coffee filter to catch the excess EP.


 Cover your card stock with VersaMark then cover with the Shimmer EP.


 Heat set.
Here are the eggs with one layer of Shimmer EP applied.

 I applied a 2nd layer to add even more glitter to these eggs.





Here is the card that I designed using those glittery eggs I made using this technique.
Click here for directions to make this card.


List of products used:
Mini 8 Punch 
Spellbinders Nested Egg Die S4-264
Designer paper (for the grass)
Fringe Scissors (for the grass)

Well I hope you give this technique a try, I really think you will like it, too. It is fast, easy and really the results are quite pretty. 

Just a reminder to leave a comment to be eligible for the fabulous prizes that are to be awarded.  There are prizes "hidden" in some of the blogs, so the comment you leave just may be one of the winners.

Next on the blog hop agenda is the wonderfully creative Karin Martin, So hop on over to her blog to check out her awesome technique.

Here is the list of designers in case you get lost.



** Marie Berquist  ** Dawn Bennett ** Cammy Vietzke ** Barbara Bruder (that's me) **



**Karalee Ingram  ** Brenda Smalle **  

Thanks for stopping in today so I could share this easy and fun technique with you.


43 comments:

April said...

Great and easy technique! Your card is so cute! Love it, Barbara.

Brenda said...

What a cute card and love how you showed off your easy peasy technique :)

Karalee said...

Very cool - all of it. The technique, the design, the colors. Love it.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Barbara! What a delightful card with your amazing glitterfied eggs! Your bunny is shaded and colored in pinky sweetness. Is the grass done with your new MS scissors? Would you believe I still have not used mine after how many years? I also LOVE the quarter circle punch - definitely would not have thought of using it that way, and really makes for an interesting back drop, and wonderful visual interest! Sweet card! hugs, de

Jacqueline Smith said...

Fabulous card, love that technique too, very elegant too!

Shanna Shands said...

This is a great idea. I didn't think of it at all. Thanks for some inspiration!

Cammy404 said...

Barbara,
What a cute card! I love the idea! My little girl and I will be trying this one out this weekend! A great way to do something fun with the little ones for Easter! Thank you for sharing, your card is lovely!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that bunny!! I think he is toooo stinkin' cute:) Great Easter card!

Gina said...

I love the glitter eggs and the bunny is adorable. My favorite card so far.

Shona Erlenborn said...

The bunny looks like he's had too many of those glittery chocolate eggs!! Great card, Barbara - awesome technique!

kReN said...

Eggs-actly adorable.

Anne Temple said...

Your Easter card is adorable! Love making my own glitter paper too - it's so fun (and easy).

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is also one of my favorite techniques, and you showed it beautifully with these great Easter eggs. Thanks!

elf1023 said...

Cute Easter card. I am looking forward to getting back into embossing.

Mindy said...

Aww...your card made me smile! Glitter paper is so expensive, I love how this technique saves some money by only "glittering" the shapes needed. This is a fav technique of mine too. Actually, this is the technique that sold me on SNS at a Scrapbook Expo last year and haven't looked back since. =)

dmbennett said...

Love this technique. Great card, love the sparkly eggs and the cute bunny.....

barbara macaskill said...

Awesome! I love glitter paper and am now going to try my hand at making my own! Thank you for the tutorial on how to do it! I love the coffee filter glitter catcher idea! Thanks!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful Easter card and so darling in design. I just love those glittery eggs. I have a die in the shape of an easter egg with cutout patterns. I bet that would look great that way too.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Cute card. thanks for the tips. I am going to try to do some this weekend. Thanks for sharing

Rhonda Miller said...

Your card is so cute. Thank you for sharing your technique. I need to try this.

Sandra Kersting said...

This is a great technique, I have used it a few times to give my cards more sparkle.

Anita Braddock said...

What a Simply Sweet card. Love the colors and the layering. the bunny looks so Tuckered out after the big eggs are done. LOL thanks for sharing.

Auntie Em said...

Your little bunny looks all ready for Easter with his lovely sparkly eggs. Glittering each piece instead of cutting from glitter paper is way more economical and you can have a much better variety of colours and less wasted glitter! (Who wants to waste glitter??!?)
Very cute card! Happy Easter

Anonymous said...

This is rosalinda cruz. i think this technique is great. The eggs look really sparkly. I bet they sparkle more in person. The bunny is cute also.

Jan Wood said...

What a great Easter card. I love this technique also and it is easy. Thanks Barbara

Candy Meyers said...

This is a darling card. So colorful. Great job.
Candy Meyers

Alicia DiCarlo said...

The eggs are so cute, what a great Easter card!

Pat said...

I usually avoid glitter because I get it all over, but I think I could control this. Great idea.

SHartl said...

thanks so much for this great tutorial. I never even thought to cover die cuts with glitter but I love the look!

Anonymous said...

I love the shimmer eggs

BarbaraR said...

I really like this technique. Can't wait to try it myself. Easter eggs are the perfect application too!

Julie Z said...

Yep, you nailed it Barbara! This is SO you!! (Exactly what I'd think of for one of your favorite techniques :-)
And a very cute card using your eggs - like how you sat them and the bunny in the fringed grass! Adorable!

Gina H said...

Very cute card! I haven't tried making glitter paper with EP. I have used the stick um powder, though. I'm going to try this technique. Thanks!

namabear said...

What a cute Easter card the bunny is ready to deliver his eggs. Luv the technique thanks for sharing.

Kim S said...

Love the glitter eggs!
TFS
Kim S

The Crafting Sanctuary said...

Barbara, love the cute Easter card and the shimmering eggs are so pretty.

purusty said...

always love the glitter & glitz

Dianne Potter said...

Great Easter card! It's a card anyone would enjoy receiving. Thank you for sharing.

Pam said...

Happy Easter Barbara, There isn't a person around that wouldn't be thrilled to receive such a beautiful card. I love this technique and can't wait to try it.

Audrey Hiltke said...

OMGoodness Barbara - this is amazing. Wonderful instructions too - thank you!! And thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment, it warmed my heart.
Hugs,
Audrey

Anonymous said...

ALWAYS FUN TO SEE WHAT YOUR DOING! MARVELOUS DEAR

JOANIE B

E. Marie said...

This technique always creates such a lovely sparkly affect. Cute card!! Your bunny looks like he might have had a few too many eggs (:

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Beautiful techniques. Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet and lovely comments.
Hugs
Berni
berni46blogspot.