Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Happy Birthday

Hi Everyone,
When it comes to card making, birthdays are not like all the different seasons/holidays of the year.If you are like me, I  kind of wait to see what the new stamps that are coming out on the market are going to look like before  I make my Christmas cards or a fall/Halloween or an Easter card. I might want to get that newest stamp or maybe I just use a stamp from my stash. When it comes to birthdays it seems that there is always a birthday coming up for someone in the family or a friend.And I usually just go to my stash and decide who the card is for, what they like and go from there.

This is a card I designed for a friend who's birthday is coming up soon. I used my newest Martha Stewart Punch around the Page set. I must say, this is my favorite so far. Even though we are going into a season of browns and oranges and reds I decided to use a shimmery yellow cs and that is how this card started. I selected a pretty stamp from Art Impressions, mini sunflower F2692. And as I looked for a Happy Birthday sentiment, E597, I found that I had one that was written all the way across, however I needed one where the word "happy" was above the word "birthday". I didn't have one so I decided to take the stamp I have and make it look the way I needed it to.
Here is a trick to change the look of the sentiment:
I just stamped the sentiment, and I then stamped it again underneath the first stamping, lining up the word Birthday underneath the word Happy. Wella, I now have the sentiment in more of a square shape instead of a rectangle and it looks better on this card.


Supplies I used:
Art Impressions Stamps - Mini Sunflower F2692, Sentiment E597
Inks - Distress Ink - Vintage Photo, Fresco Chalk Ink Cortez Sun
Copic Markers - Y11, Y17, YG45
Paper/Card stock - Shimmer Yellow, Shimmer White, Yellow CS
Ribbon

Tomorrow and Friday will be the Sparkle N Sprinkle Blog Hop stop back for that and Saturday I will have with another card design using Art Impressions stamps. See you tomorrow.


1 comment:

Donna Ellis said...

Love the prettiness of this lacy card with darling inchies, colored marvelously, and that fabulous bow! Business size cards are so much fun!