Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Card

I was designing  a new card using the Happy Birthday set, set#416 from SparkleNSprinkle. I decided to use items from a few newer dies that I haven't used much. I also made a rosette from scratch. I also included an area using alcohol ink to the front half of the card.

I made the 2 flowers using the 3D Sizzix die, the flourishes are from a Tim Holtz Sizzix die and that  rosette is made from scratch and you can click here for a video that shows how easy it is to make your own rosette (if you don't own a die). I have added the video link to the left sidebar as well for future reference.


 The alcohol ink colors I used are: Butterscotch, Mushroom and Denim. The flourishes are covered in Sparkling Snow Glitter from SparkleNSprinkle. I made the flowers using a die and just added a small pearl in the center of each of the flowers.  Hope this inspires you to use some of the cool tools you have on hand or to try a new technique to make your card.

That's it for now, see you soon and thanks for stopping by,

No comments: