Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Novi Mich Stamp Convention

Last weekend, I drove to Novi, Michigan, for one of the Heirloom Stamping Conventions. I ran into Randi Barrett. Randi used to come into my store on her way to visit  her son and his family. She is on the design team for Our Daily Bread Designs and other design teams as well. Randi taught a make and take on Sunday at the convention. She is very talented. Check out her blog.

Saturday the convention was packed all day. On Sunday, we drove in to the parking lot about an hour before the show started, to tidy up the booth before the show got under way and there was already a waiting line. That was 1 hour before the doors opened. Sunday was a great day as well. Sunday, Amy Flowers stopped by to see me and she will be teaching a class at Stampaway on Friday. Amy is from Columbus, Ohio and is another great artist and instructor. If you ever get the chance to take a class of hers you will love it.

I will be attending Stampaway again this year,and start taking classes Thursday. I have 2 Tim Holtz classes and quite a few others as well. Since the hotel I am staying at has free wifi. (Yea!!), my plan is to update you all, in the evening, showing what I made in the classes I took that day. So, stay tuned for Stampaway info for those of you who won't be there.

Well that is it for now, thanks for stopping by, see you soon,

Barbara

No comments: