Thursday, August 19, 2010

New stuff

Since I have been home from Stampaway, I have been playing with some new stamps and dies. Also I have been coloring with my Copics and the more I use them the more I like them. So as I get more familiar with them I know I am going to like them even more.

I saw this stamp set and knew I just had to have it, you know, it was screaming my name, so I bought it and worked it up just to see what it look like. Well I love this set.


Next I picked up some stencils and I haven't used stencils for eons but the end result made it worth the money I spent. I actually bought 4 different sets and talk about cool. These stencils are the plastic type not the brass type. These are also great for making your own background paper.  I just used the berry branch from this stencil and do you believe it, the berrys were done using a copic marker. I used a sponge dauber to apply ink for the branch. I really like the subtleness of the branch and the dominate red of the berry.
Next, I know everyone is familiar with Spellbinder Dies, well I found dies from the Netherlands and these are so nice. The work the same as a Spellbinder die and will fit in the same machine that you are currently using.





The dies on the left made the flower on the right on this card. I know this paper is kind of busy but I used some stencils with leaves and swirls. I wanted to see what background  I could come up with using one of the stencils I purchased recently. 

Here are a few more of the dies that I absolutely fell in love with. These are really cool and when I found them it was so hard to choose what to buy, the selection was huge. But I am happy with my selection.

Well that is it for now, thanks for stopping by, see you soon,
Barbara

2 comments:

Hopemore Studio said...

Barb, glad to see you are liking the copics, I have heard good things about them...the sleigh is beautiful, even though I'm not ready to think about Christmas! I'm in love with the butterfly dies, how ornate. Good finds for sure.
Angie

DeeDee Maligno said...

Hey Barb,
We just got these dies in the store yesterday and I am doing a demo on Saturday with them. Have no clue when I'll find the time to prep something for it. Need to have actual samples for people to see to appreciate them. Love what you've done so far.