Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sparkle N Sprinkle's Mystical Treasures Blog Hop Day 3

We've shared ideas with you for 3 days using the Dani’s Garden Umbrella, Dani’s Garden Swing, Fairy Dust, Dream Fairy, and Garden Fairies stamp sets. Please visit the blogs listed below and leave a comment on each blog, then your name will be entered once for each blog you comment on for a daily drawing of your choice of any of the 5 stamp sets on cling cushion.


Today is the last day of the Sparkle N Sprinkle 3 day blog hop. I hope you have gotten inspired and seen some new ideas.

For today's card I used 2 stamps from Dani's Garden, set 393, Dani Reading and the sentiment "Thanks". I used a border punch to make the mint green piece down the center. Next I used a corner adorner punch to make the circular yellow piece. After I punched this out it looked like a fancy sign, so, I used a die to cut out a bracket to use as a sign holder. I cut it out of dark brown cardstock. Next, I used white ink, in a direct to paper technique, to tone down the dark brown paper.I adhered the bracket over the mint green cardstock and used twine in the holes and tied it to the "fancy sign". I stamped Dani Reading, using Black StazOn and colored her with markers and cut the image out. Next I positioned her in the middle of the circular "sign". I stamped the sentiment "Thanks" then cut an oval shape using a Spellbinders die. I colored the words with various soft colors and then mounted it under the yellow "sign". To add a finishing touch I used a glue pen and traced the swirl portion of the yellow sign and added Lemonade Glitter to the sign.

This is my "Thanks" card to you for participating in the Blog Hop. Please leave a comment on my blog to be eligible for the last prize then click on the names and hop along to the other blogs for more inspiration and more chances to win.

Barbara - art & soul creations - You are here
Sparkle N Sprinkle Blog
Jill - Stampinhands
Julie - Just Write Designs
Eleanor - Stamping in Virginia

13 comments:

Teresa (Smeared and Creased) said...

I love this card! I think the thanks goes to you, for sharing such wonderful creations! Love the sign and the borders are beautiful. :)

Unknown said...

Wow, what a great card! I LOVE the sign idea. Very clever.

Jean W said...

Love the composition and really appreciate all the cutting you did to creat depth. Great job!

Carol said...

I thought the center was made with a medallion die cut. You made it with a corner punch, cool. I like the sign idea. Nice card.

Pat said...

Interesting idea to use the stamp as if it were a sign.

Jann said...

Terrific Card.. So much work with the punches---- The different textures make it come to life

Jann

Anonymous said...

Cool card! Loved the corner punch being used to make a round medallion. That's a new one for me to try. Thanks for sharing!

Leadonna Kimmel

meeyore151 said...

Making the medallion into a sign is such a cute idea! I bet the glitter on the edges of the sign is even prettier in real life!

JJP said...

I loved the use of the punches. It really brought out the card.

Jennifer Gayle said...

The punches really ad a softness to the design. I like!

Denise said...

How creative! Like the others said, love your use of the various punches. Thanks for spending the time to create this and share it with all of us!

Anonymous said...

"How cute is that! A clever idea to use a scroll as a sign.

Roberta (Bobbi) Sands
Stampinnut75@yahoo.com"

Anonymous said...

Sweet card! Love the way you used your die cuts!