Monday, May 31, 2010

Watercoloring again

Hi Everyone
I guess you wonder where I have been. Well, I have been working feverishly on a few projects that I have to have done by tomorrow. I am almost done, so, I thought I would take a  break and share with you some cards I made using the watercolor technique. I really love the look you get when you watercolor.
I just used a piece of plastic as a palette, scribbled the colors I needed on the palette and for the colors I used Permapaque Markers. Next I dipped the brush in water and then drug the watercolor brush across the scribbled color and applied it to the area I was coloring. Don't have Permapaque markers? Well, you can use markers, it works just as well. I've used Tombow Markers and LePlume Markers, but if you have other brands try it, I'm sure your results will be great.I also used watercolor paper and a permanent ink to stamp the image on the paper.

   All the stamps I used are from Sparkle N Sprinkle and are in set 328, Floral - Magnolia. This is a great set to use for watercoloring.
Today is Memorial Day and lets remember all the ones who have served their country to ensure we have all the freedom that we take for granted.

Be sure to check back Wednesday for the Garden Girls Blog Hop.

Well that's it for now, thanks for stopping by, see you soon,

Barbara

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your water coloured cards Barbara, beautiful work as always