Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Wall Hanging - Tim Holtz style

A while back I happened upon a post on Tim Holtz' blog about a display that he was giving away to some lucky recepient. The piece he gave away was a 9 piece grouping of the letters of the alphabet.Nine little 4X4 canvasses the displayed the letters of the alphabet. I just thought that would look great in my house on the wall in my family room.I decided I would try to do a similar grouping but instead of the small 4"X4" canvasses I decided to use 12X12 canvasses. It would be a better size for the wall I wanted to put this on. I scrounged thru all the "stuff I've saved over the years. I gathered things up that I felt would look great on this project. I sent away for the canvasses. They finally came in and I started with coloring the canvas. I used 9 different colors of the Ranger Color Wash. Next I dried the canvas with the heat tool(Because I am so impatient). After all the canvasses were colored. I then colored the grungeboard. Got that dry the same way. Then I started to lay out all my goodies to see how each canvas would look. After I was happy with the placement then I got out the e6000 glue and started to glue it all down. Below are the results.


109_0585[1]


   109_0586[1]    109_0587[1]




109_0588[1]


  109_0589[1]    109_0590[1]




109_0591[1] 109_0592[1]   109_0593[1]


This project was so much fun to do. Easy and kind of fast once the canvasses were here. The hardest part was trying to decide what stuff to put on which canvas.


Right now these are laying on my dining room table but soon I will be bringing these to the store for a short display.Hope you like these and let me know if you have questions.


Thanks for stopping by & see you soon,


Barbara




2 comments:

kybarb said...

Looking good! Seems like you had a happy crafting weekend! Barb

QueenPam said...

I love them, can you post a picture of them hanging on the wall? I want to see the effect!
I hope to see you on Friday! QP